POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can only read bitmaps from 1 or 2 directories. : Re: Can only read bitmaps from 1 or 2 directories. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:38:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can only read bitmaps from 1 or 2 directories.
From: Alain
Date: 26 Sep 2004 14:22:45
Message: <415708f5@news.povray.org>
David Wimp nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-09-25 19:37... :

>I am using POV-Ray for Windows 3.5.  I can only read bitmaps from one
>directory or two. (I can't seem to read but from one now)  I have copied
>the files to other directories but when I try to read them from there I get
>"Error opening bitmap".  I have all the script blocking stuff off.  I have
>tried saving the POV-Ray source to another directory, but I can still only
>read from the original  directory.  It seems that I have to move files in
>and out of the blessed directory rather than changing the path in the
>program.  Why is that one directory special?

You need to edit the "povray.ini" file. Open it on notepad and scroll to
the end.
Here, add a new line:
Library_path="<path to your bitmap source>"

You can also add a default output folder for your images like this (same
file):
Output_file_Name="<some path>\images\"
If you do, you also need to add this line in pvengine.ini in the \ini
folder in the [Permitted Output Paths] section:
3="<some path>\images\"
both should be the same.

Alain